Tuesday, April 20, 2010

BTO Rock

So when doing a rock blog I thought I would use the following song since it will be familiar to a lot of people. It is Bachman Turner Overdrive's "Taking Care of Business". This song was released by Bachman Turner Overdrive in the mid seventies. The song is classic hard rock and since it is a rock song you can clearly hear the guitar. It was probably performed by a band slightly larger than your average rock band but still within the average number of players. The song's lyrics are humorous since they seem to me slightly contradictory, but that is probably part of the draw to this song. The song is about how a professional musician has a leisurely life style and taking care of business is fun for him. If you know how to count beats in music, then you will notice how this song like most rock music has a four beat cycle. Personally I have enjoyed music like this since I was a kid. My dad was a fav of a lot of different classic rock bands so I have heard music like this and many others as well. You might remember the add campaign by I think it was Home Depot had this as their song too. They were probably trying to pull from the nestalgia of the consumers.

No comments:

Post a Comment